Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is it cold enough for you?

It is VERY cold here today. Cold enough that schools are canceled everywhere (yay - a "free day" - at least until we have to make some up in June). Not going to get above zero today. My outdoor weather station says -8 - and it is early afternoon! Brrrrrrr. It will be interesting to see what school districts do tonight as it is going to be colder BUT after about noon should warm up. Decisions, decisions. As much as I'd like to stay home I do not want to go to school the week of June 15 so I kind of hope we are not canceled!

The stomach flu bug has finally left our house - thank goodness. That was one nasty bug and the first time all three of us have succumbed to the same illness. Thank goodness for my sister in law coming to take my Katwoman for the day Sunday. We were just too sick to take care of her. Not sure what people do when they don't have family nearby to help out. We are very lucky we have them close by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodnesss it is FREEZING isn't it?!?!?! School's canceled here too :)

I am glad you are feeling better and I know what you mean. I don't know how people do it without family.