Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another crock pot dinner *Pork Chops and gravy*

So the other day when wind chills were -30 and the actual temps didn't get above zero I thought mashed potatoes would be a perfect comfort food for dinner. Since I wasn't going to leave the house to get anything I went to the freezer and found some pork chops to go with my potatoes and made a really yummy dinner.

In the crock pot I threw:
* the pork chops (about 8 boneless loin chops)
*1/2 a can of coke (helps to tenderize, though I didn't really need it with the loin chops I don't think)
*cream of mushroom soup
*Lipton Onion-Mushroom Soup mix

And.... it cooked slowly all afternoon. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans and oh was it delicious. The pork chops were soooo tender. A perfect meal for a freezing cold winter night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds DELISH!!!