Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'll admit it

I love Neil Diamond. Really!!!

Oh yes, I have to also tell you that we're #1. Yes, Wisconsin ranks #1 when we are talking about people who admit to driving 'under the influence' 26.4% of people admitted to it compared to 15.1% nationally. Here is thestory.
And right after reading this story I am watching the news hearing about a horrible and devastating accident that happened last Friday afternoon as big thunderstorms were rolling through the area. A Cadillac Escalade completely crunched a Honda - as I saw the pictures I could not imagine anyone surviving. Killed were a 38 year old pregnant assistant high school principal and her 10 year old daughter. Her son survived and another child was in critical condition. The guy who hit her was taken to the hospital and then jail.

On Monday he was charged with homicide in their deaths - he was under the influence of prescription drugs at the time.
story
It just makes me sick and I want to cry every time I see it on the news. This man should NOT have been on the road. The consequences for earlier violations should have been more serious so he was in jail or off the road!!!

It isn't very Christian of me but at this moment I hope he rots in jail - and I hope it is painful for him.

No comments: