Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bedtime Hell is getting better!

So I had to become a hard-ass. Bedtime required it. Our routine is now a little different, and it has worked well for me. We are still watching a short show, but start earlier and then we get pjs on, go potty, and read a book downstairs. THEN we head upstairs and all we need to do is brush teeth, go potty again, and say prayers. After that it is goodnight ma'am and I'm outta there.

Of course when she doesn't like what I say she will wail, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddy!" It is seriously pathetic. And tugs on the strings - for maybe 5 seconds. ugh.

She has been sleeping all night except for last night. It got really windy and she woke up and had to go potty and for good measure I turned on her radio. She went right back to sleep no problem.......me, not so much.

Still, bedtime has to come earlier but it is SO hard with everything going on. But we'll work on that!

1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

I am glad it is getting better.