Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tropic Thunder: A review

Tonight my hubby and I saw a movie. In the theater. First time in - oh, over a year. Neither of us can remember the last movie we saw. Well, I remember Munich but I'm sure we've seen *something* since then.

Tonight we went to see Tropic Thunder (our choice over The Dark Knight). BAD choice. People said how funny it was. Sure, there were some funny parts but overall I'd say it was a big waste of $8.50 and 2 hours of my time. Bummer for us, considering it might be a long time before we hit the theater again.

And when did movies get so dumb anyway? Are there any good movies out there anymore???

My recommendation: Don't waste your money on this one - wait until it comes to DVD or On Demand. Sure, Robert Downey Jr. was good and so was Tom Cruise, but overall, I'd say C- tops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have already decided (a long time ago actually) not to ever waste money on Ben Stiller Movies In Theater. I don't mind renting them though. Night at the Museum was actually really good, but all his others TOO STOOPID for me ;)