Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chicken Salad

I figured I should get away from swimming for a few mintues - because I will definitely be back there after the races tonight. I think Lochte is going to give Phelps a good race in the 200 IM!

Anywho, I love having chicken salad during the summer. As a sandwich or with pasta - whichever. There are a lot of "fancy" recipes out there, but mine is pretty simple and, I think, delicious! I served this on croissants at a birthday party we had on Saturday and everyone loved it.

Simple Chicken Salad
diced chicken
~ one cup red grapes - halved or quartered depending on taste
1-2 stalks celery - diced
large green apple - diced
roasted pecans - chopped
mayo

Mix all together (add as much fruit and celery as you like) and add mayo to taste. Serve on croissants (or bread). Or, add bow-tie pasta. I leave the pecans large if I'm using pasta. I have also used walnuts and even cashews. But all I use is mayo. Nothing else. And it turns out great every time. YUM!

No comments: