Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where to start?!

I have been so busy this week I couldn't even think of posting anything on the blog. It's been one of the busiest back to school years ever for me. If this is a sign to come it is going to be quite a year.

Today the Packers got the blood pressure going again with the near-collapse in the
4th quarter and then 3 INTs, the latter two which were returned for TDs. WooHoo! Aaron Rodgers is playing great. Now McCarthy needs to do something about all of these penalties!!!

And, how could I not write about Ike. Wow. The destruction is amazing. We can only pray that the people who have been affected by Ike get the help and support they need to keep going and, in many cases, start over.

Finally, I dedicate a poem to all my fellow special education teachers out there ~ I'm on my way to go write draft before I can go to bed.

IEPs by Dr. Seuss

Do you like these IEPs?

I do not like these IEPs
I do not like them, Jeeze Louise
We test, we check
We plan, we meet
But nothing ever seems complete.

Would you, could you
Like the form?

I do not like the form I see
Not page 1, not 2, or 3
Another change
A brand new box
I think we all
Have lost our rocks.

Could you all meet here or there?

We could not all meet here or there.
We cannot all fit anywhere.
Not in a room
Not in the hall
There seems to be no space at all.

Would you, could you meet again?

I cannot meet again next week
No lunch, no prep
Please hear me speak.
No, not at dusk. No, not at dawn
at 5 pm I should be gone.

Could you hear while all speak out?
Would you write the words they spout?

I could not hear, I would not write
This does not need to be a fight.
Sign here, date there,
Mark this, check that
Beware the students ad-vo-cat(e).

You do not like them
So you say
Try again! Try again!
And you may.

If you will let me be,
I will try again
You will see.

Say!

I almost like these IEPs
I think I'll write 6003.
And I will practice day and night
Until they say
"You've got it right!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That poem is too cute :)