Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bread Stuffing

Since it is almost Thanksgiving I wanted to post my stuffing recipe because, well, it is awesome!

Bread Stuffing

cook turkey giblets - 2 hrs (in water) -- chop very fine
cook liver - 1/2 hour -- chop very fine

1 onion -- chop fine
2 stalks of celery -- chop fine

1 pkg of onion and sage Peppridge Farm Stuffing (according to size of turkey)

Use part of the liver water to soak bread.

Add: 2 eggs, slightly beaten
2T margarine, melted and cooled
salt
Optional: 1 apple peeled and diced along with 1/4 C canned milk

I always stuff my turkey with this, but you can bake it at 350 for about 45-60 minutes if you'd rather. ***I have now started cooking this in my crockpot. Easy-peasy. You do need to add enough chicken broth to make it moist enough for your liking!

1 comment:

Kmama said...

I think that's very similar to my moms. And the giblets and liver are the reason I don't eat it!