Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Menu

Well, we will have 11 people for Thanksgiving (7 adults, 4 kids). I am bringing out the china and am excited to use my nice 'stuff'. Definitely don't use it enough! I think we are having a pretty nice spread!

turkey
stuffing
mashed potato casserole
sweet potatoes
green beans with almonds
lettuce salad
cucumbers
homemade cranberries
rolls
champagne
sparkling grape juice for the kiddos
pecan pie
chocolate pecan pie
pumpkin pie
homemade vanilla ice cream

Think that will keep us for a while? I am hungry just thinking about it! Of course dinner gets here and I can never eat half of what is on my plate no matter how much I might want to.......definitely eating light this week so I won't feel bad having a little bit of everything.

More recipes to come......here is my favorite for now


Mashed Potato Casserole


8 large potatoes, mashed
add milk as desired
add small pkg of cream cheese (we use large)
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter
add salt, pepper, onion salt to taste

beat/mash again

put in buttered casserole dish, sprinkle parmesan cheese and some paprika on top. Refrigerate if cooking later or next day (my mom often makes it the night before!)

Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!