Monday, February 16, 2009

Fitness Challenge

So at work it is "Wellness Week" and we are having a fitness challenge at our school. I've been working out - walking and yoga if you can call that working out (ok, once on the bike) 3-4 times per week. Lost 5 lbs total. good. But I could be doing a lot better. Why can I not motivate myself more?!?! Anywho, here are the categories we are scored on -- one point for each:

•No snacks after 8 pm
•30 minutes of cardio
•Weight lifting
•Ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner
•Drank 64 oz of water
•8 hours of sleep
•Did some type of stress reliever(ex – yoga, reading)
•Ate something from each of the 5 food groups
•No TV while eating dinner

So far I've done 3 meals, I've read, ate something from all food groups, and no tv during dinner. I am off to do my walking in a few minutes and had a few yogurt covered raisins before so no more snacking. I'm almost at my 64 ounces for the day. Heck, I've almost done my walking going to the bathroom since I've been drinking so much. haha. Anywho, I won't lift weights and we'll see about 8 hours of sleep. Gonna try.

Why don't you join me? Do this fitness challenge for a week. Check back in with a point total - I'll keep up with mine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! I am sorta trying to do this... well me and Kevin are trying to work out. But he has been so busy, and I haven't had the motivation to do anything bu take a walk :(

Maybe you can be my motivator! :)